Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Highway Long Exposures - An Interesting Photography Idea

A few month back, I took a trip to Santa Cruz and the near by city of Davenport in California. I went to several beaches there that other photographers have recommended to me! They were sure very beautiful. Here are some of the photos I took there. I went to Shark Fin Cove, Panther Beach, Bonny Doon Beach and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Some of the photos will be like "mini time lapses". If you wish to view those as a slideshow, just click on any image on this blog post and a slideshow should load.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best Santa Cruz photos from this trip, use this link. To see all of my Santa Cruz Photos from this trip, use this link.

Parts:
Davenport Beach: Part 1 | Part 2 | 
Bonny Doon Beach: Photos
Panther Beach: Part 1 | Part 2 | 
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: Photos
Highway Long Exposures: Photos

Today, I have the last photos from my trip that I took on the way back home (to the SF Bay Area) on the highway. I remember a while back on Youtube, this guy had a great long exposure idea for at night. What the method involves doing is that you hold a camera up to the wind shield in a moving car (you obviously can't be the one driving) at night, and expose the photo. With this method, you can try moving the camera around and making a lot of different patterns, or just try to hold the camera as still as possible to the dashboard. I decided to give it a try on the way home and I am here to share my results. Best of all? No 2 photos will ever by alike!

Depending on how light hits the different objects during the exposure, not all things are blurred out.  



Slight traffic will looks somewhat like this.  

 Black and white processes are sometimes also pretty interesting with long exposures like this.


Another black and white process. 


These are all the photos for today and for Santa Cruz. I hope you have enjoyed them. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Parts:
Davenport Beach: Part 1 | Part 2 | 
Bonny Doon Beach: Photos
Panther Beach: Part 1 | Part 2 | 
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: Photos
Highway Long Exposures: Photos