Friday, September 6, 2013

El Capitan Drive/Northside Drive - Yosemite National Park (Part 23)

Yosemite National Park is a national park located in California that stretches eastern portions of Tuolumne, Mariposa and Madera counties in the central eastern portion of California and covers around 761,268 acres or 3,080.74 km² of land. Yosemite National Park is best known for its waterfalls, deep valleys, grand meadows, giant sequoias, giant wilderness area, and much more. I, personally, love Yosemite National Park. I think it is very beautiful and is a great place for photographs. I also happen to live in the SF Bay Area which isn't very far from it! I try to make at least 1 trip almost every year to the park. I visited the park several month ago and I am here to show you some of the photos I took in the park as well as some photos I took on the way into the park from the SF Bay Area. These photos will be divided over several blog posts. I hope you enjoy the photos! Also, I have route information recorded using a Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver. If you are planning a similar trip to Yosemite National Park and would like to see the route I took, feel free to email me at the email address I provided on my "About the Photographer" page for a copy. I can provide you the route information in Google Earth KMZ, Canon NMEA, and GPX formats. If you would like to get notifications when I do post, you can Like/Follow me on the following fan pages: FacebookTwitter, and Google+.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. If you are interested, choose one of the links below:
<< Previous Post

Now let's introduce you to the photos for today. The photos for today was from the 3rd day of my trip and also the last photos from Yosemite National Park. The photos are from El Capitan Drive and Northside Drive taken on my drive out of Yosemite National Park heading back to the SF Bay Area. The photos consists photos of Bridalveil Fall, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and Merced River.

A photo of the Merced River and El Capitan on El Capitan Drive. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 43 26 N 119 37 52 W

Cathedral Rocks and the Merced River on El Capitan Drive. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 43 26 N 119 37 53 W

 A black and white process of the above image to bring out the details in the clouds and Cathedral Rocks. 

HDR composition of Cathedral Rocks from El Capitan Drive. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 38 27 32 N 121 11 16 W   

A black and white process of the above image.  

 A photo of the Merced River and Bridalveil Fall. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 43 19 N 119 38 59 W  

HDR composition of Bridalveil Fall. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 38 14 58 N 121 17 11 W   

Regular shot of Bridalveil Fall. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 43 19 N 119 39 00 W 

HDR composition of Bridalveil Fall and Merced River. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 43 19 N 119 39 00 W 

 Regular photo of Bridalveil Fall and Merced River.
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 43 19 N 119 39 00 W 

HDR composition of the Merced River, El Capitan (left), Cathedral Rocks (right), Bridalveil Fall (right), and Three Brothers (right). Photo shot at Valley Viewpoint on the side of Northside Drive.
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 47 18 N 120 49 59 W 

Black and white process of the above image.  

HDR composition of the Merced River, El Capitan (left), Cathedral Rocks (right), Bridalveil Fall (right), and Three Brothers (right). Photo shot at Valley Viewpoint on the side of Northside Drive.
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 47 15 N 120 50 00 W  

Black and white process of the above image. 

These are all the photos for today and for Yosemite National Park. I hope you have enjoyed them. I haven't decided yet on what I will post next time, but I have many photos so please check back soon! Please don't forget to share my blog posts with your friends! If you would like to get notifications next time I post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

<< Previous Post