Sunday, April 1, 2012

Xi Men Ding (西门町)/Wildlife/Taipei MRT - Taiwan (台湾) 2011 (Part 2)

Last year, I made my first visit to Taiwan, R.O.C. I was very busy after I got back and never got a chance to look through them and pick out the photos I'm going to post. I finally took out enough time to finish, so... Here they are! I did not take many photo there as the tropical weather made me very sick. I will be splitting them into a total of 8 parts. I hope you enjoy them!

我去年去台湾旅游了一次。我会把这些照片分成八章文章。


Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best Taiwan photos, use this link. To see all of my Taiwan photos from this trip, use this link.

Parts: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

I got some photos from the Xi Men Ding (西门町) area, and some wildlife photos. I hope you enjoy viewing them!

I think this is the statue of one of Taiwan's past leaders. I am not sure. Just a wild guess. XD 

This one and the next few photos is from the Xi Men Ding (西门町) area.

Xi Men Ding (西门町) is one of the tourist attractions of Taiwan. The area is usually more alive at night than during the day time. You can do a lot of shopping there. There are also movie theaters as you can tell by the Harry Potter move ad above. That was how long ago I was in Taiwan. :P The ad is for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Part 2". 

Another photo of the Xi Men Ding area.  

 The red building in the background is the Red House Theater (红楼剧场). The Chinese translated is actually Red Building Theater, but close enough. Red House Theater is the most commonly used translation. This is also a tourist attraction in Taipei, Taiwan. The building is located in the Xi Men Ding area. As the name says, it is a theater. They also sell snacks and drinks inside.

The Taipei World Design Expo statue.  

This is away form the Xi Men Ding area. If you saw my previous post, this is the presidential building.  

There are guards standing guard 24 hours a day. Their jobs must be hard. So much clothes for 100° F. 

This was in a near by park somewhere. I needed a rest from such a hot day. As I mentioned in my previous post, the tropical weather made me very sick. :/ Hey look, Taiwan has the same pigeons as the US. These are Rock Pigeons (Columba livia). In my opinion, American pigeons are fatter. LOL 

Water fountain! I wish there was more of these in the US, but I guess in the US the wilderness is usually protected better than other countries...

Mallard Ducks (Anas platyrhynchos)

Turtles! The ones in the pond is probably released by pet owners. 

Rock Pigeons (Columba livia)

Rock Pigeons (Columba livia)

Another photo of the park.

One of the main streets of Taipei. Photo of downtown. 

Taipei MRT (Similar to BART of the SF Bay Area)

This is the Taipei Main Station. 

Another photo of the Taipei Main Station. 

Another photo of the streets. This is outside one of the MRT stations. 

That is all for today! Next time I will have photos from one of Taiwan's national parks. Make sure you check back! I got baby parakeet photos too! They are very cute! :D Please share this blog post with your friends! I hope you have enjoyed it! I also hope it has helped you if you are planning on going to Taiwan. See you next time!

Next Part >>
<< Previous Part