Thursday, October 10, 2013

Autumn Foliage in Pleasanton, CA

Yesterday afternoon, when I was taking a walk in my local community in Pleasanton, CA, I noticed some autumn colored leaves on many of the trees. After I got home, I prepped my camera and went for a second walk taking photos of the autumn colored leaves. I am here to show you the photos I took. All of the photos are taken near or in Hansen Park except for one of the photos which I took in my front yard. These photos are not in order they were taken, but reorganized with the best looking ones first. I hope you enjoy viewing the photos.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best autumn foliage photos for 2013, use this link. To see all of my 2013 Pleasanton photos, use this link.

Parts: Hansen Park | Downtown Pleasanton | Turkeys

I have to admit something about this shot. It was staged. I quickly grabbed a leaf off of a nearby tree and shoved the stem into one of the holes on a park bench in Hansen Park. I wanted to play with depth of field with the park bench. 

The tree I yanked the leaf from above. 

More fall leaves on a tree near Hansen Park. 


I also wanted to see what would happen if I flashed the leaves with my Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT with a CTO gel on it. I don't think the light mix was that flattering. I was trying to simulate a "sunrise" look I did last year, but the background turned out too blue. I don't really know how to play with CTO gels yet. Also, this was the shot I took in my front yard. 

More light mixed shots. 

I really wanted to simulate that "sunrise" effect, but I totally forgot how I did it last year

I guess the light mixing did help bring out the leaves from the background. What do you guys think? Good or bad? Comment below. :)


Two more light mixed shots. 

I decided to shoot a portrait of a tree in Hansen Park at the end of my walk. 

These are all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed viewing them. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Parts: Hansen Park | Downtown Pleasanton | Turkeys