Wednesday, August 14, 2013

SR-140/El Portal Road - Yosemite National Park (Part 5)

Yosemite National Park is a national park located in California that stretches eastern portions of Tuolumne, Mariposa and Madera counties in the central eastern portion of California and covers around 761,268 acres or 3,080.74 km² of land. Yosemite National Park is best known for its waterfalls, deep valleys, grand meadows, giant sequoias, giant wilderness area, and much more. I, personally, love Yosemite National Park. I think it is very beautiful and is a great place for photographs. I also happen to live in the SF Bay Area which isn't very far from it! I try to make at least 1 trip almost every year to the park. I visited the park several month ago and I am here to show you some of the photos I took in the park as well as some photos I took on the way into the park from the SF Bay Area. These photos will be divided over several blog posts. I hope you enjoy the photos! Also, I have route information recorded using a Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver. If you are planning a similar trip to Yosemite National Park and would like to see the route I took, feel free to email me at the email address I provided on my "About the Photographer" page for a copy. I can provide you the route information in Google Earth KMZ, Canon NMEA, and GPX formats. If you would like to get notifications when I do post, you can Like/Follow me on the following fan pages: FacebookTwitter, and Google+.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. If you are interested, choose one of the links below:
Next Post >>
<< Previous Post

Now let's introduce you to the photos for today. The photos for today was from the 2nd day of my trip. The photos will include photos from my drive into Yosemite National Park and a few photos from the entrance area of the park.

Merced River. Photo shot on the area where SR-140 crosses over the Merced River.
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 40 18 N 119 47 37 W 

 Merced River. Photo also shot on the area where SR-140 crosses over the Merced River.
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 40 18 N 119 47 37 W 

 Photo of SR-140 on the bridge where the above 2 photos were shot. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 40 18 N 119 47 36 W 


Bitter Dogbane (Apocynum androsaemifolium)

I saw these flower trees right past the bridge. I thought they looked pretty so I stopped for a few photos.  

A noticed a few bees collecting nectar so I attempted to do a few more photos with them on there.  

 Here is another shot of the bees collecting nectar. 


If you been to Yosemite from the west entrance, you probably know SR-140 runs along the Merced River. Here is another photo of the Merced River. 
 Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 40 59 N 119 44 00 W 

Merced River along SR-140
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 40 59 N 119 44 00 W  

 Approaching the ticket entrance of Yosemite National Park, there were a lot of cars. Sure was a slow day that day. 


Finally inside Yosemite National Park. Pulled over to the side of El Portal Road (SR-140 turns  into this right past the ticket entrance). The photo is of the Merced River. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 41 09 N 119 43 49 W 

At the same location as above, took a photo of the rocks and vegetation on the riverbank of the Merced River.  

 The 2 giant rocks people drive under after entering Yosemite National Park from the west. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 41 15 N 119 43 46 W 


Another photo of the Merced River at a turnout on El Portal Road. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 41 15 N 119 43 46 W  

Another photo of the Merced River at a turnout on El Portal Road. 
Approximate GPS location (type into Google) according to the Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver: 37 41 15 N 119 43 45 W  

These are all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed them. Next time I go deeper into Yosemite National Park with photos from Cascade Falls. Please don't forget to share my blog posts with your friends! If you would like to get notifications next time I post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Next Post >>
<< Previous Post