Monday, April 29, 2013

Mission Peak in Fremont, CA

A while back, I went for a hike on  Mission Peak in Fremont, CA. I took the Stanford entrance up (if you are from the area, you'd understand). Here are some of the photos I took during the hike. I also did a few GPS logs to test out my new Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver. If for some reason you want those logs, just email me using the email provided on my About the Photographer page. I have the logs in Google Earth KMZ, Canon LOG, and GPX formats.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. If you are interested, please select one of the links below:
Here is a macro shot of a flower. I took this photo before I started my climb near the trail head. The photo was shot with help from my Kenko Extension Tubes and my Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT

This is a photo shot near the trail head. On my hike up, I mainly focused on landscapes so I used my wide angle lens

Here is another landscape shot of Mission Peak. 


Another landscape shot of Mission Peak. 

A panorama of Mission Peak looking down at the SF Bay Area. 

Another photo looking down Mission Peak at the SF Bay Area. I headed up a little bit more after this photo, but I didn't taken any more landscape shots after that. 


A cow on Mission Peak. There are many cows on Mission Peak. So afterwards, I started heading down. On my way down, I switched over to my telephoto lens for close up shots. 

The 70mm end of my telephoto lens is good for some landscapes too! Here again, is the view down Mission Peak looking at the SF Bay Area. 

I thought the rock formation looked pretty interesting. So here is a photo of it. 


There are many squirrels on Mission Peak. Here are photos of one first looking at me, then eating something. 

It is Spring here in the SF Bay Area. Flowers are blooming. Here is a photo of a Bermuda buttercup (Oxalis pes-caprae) and a bug on it. 

Another Bermuda buttercup (Oxalis pes-caprae) photo. 

These are all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed viewing them. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.