Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yosemite National Park/Mono Lake (Panoramas)

Yosemite National Park is a national park located in California that stretches eastern portions of Tuolumne, Mariposa and Madera counties in the central eastern portion of California and covers around 761,268 acres or 3,080.74 km² of land. Yosemite National Park is best known for its waterfalls, deep valleys, grand meadows, giant sequoias, giant wilderness area, and much more. Mono Lake, a salt lake east of Yosemite National Park that is located in Mono County, California, covers a total of 45,133 acres or 182.65 km². The lake is famous for its high salt content and its tufa formations. I have visited both of those areas and are here to show you some of the photos I took at these two places along with some other photos I have taken along the route. These photos will be divided over several blog posts. I hope you enjoy the viewing photos! If you would like to get notifications when I do post, you can Like/Follow me on the following fan pages: FacebookTwitter, and Google+.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To view my best Yosemite National Park photos from 2012, use this link. To view all of my photos from Yosemite National Park photos from 2012, use this link.

Parts: Yosemite Falls Comparison | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | HDR Compositions | Panoramas | 
 
Today's blog post is my last photos on Yosemite National Park. These are of the panoramas I did during the trip. Please enjoy! The order are scrambled a bit. You can click on the images to view it larger, but all the images on here has been shrunk for the sake of displaying them on the web.

This image was taken at the trail taking you up to Lower Yosemite Falls. On the left there is Half Dome. My camera's field of view was not wide enough so some of the mountains got cut off at the top. This is where I did the Half Dome photo from Part 6.

A small lake near the eastern entrance of Yosemite. The direction from Mono Lake. This is where I did the tadpole photos from Part 5.


Panorama up at Glacier Point. There is Half Dome on the right. It started getting cloudy, and another photographer there told me it would look great as black and white so I also processed it into black and white.

Here is the same photo processed black and white. 

Here is Ellery Lake. Elevation 9538 feet. This is near the eastern entrance from the Mono Lake direction. 


This was on the side of the dirt road leading to Mono Lake. Same place I took the last photo in Part 2.

This is one of the views inside Mono Lake. 

Another panorama at Mono Lake. The shore of the lake is actually straight, but since this panorama is 360°, it appears to have a curved shoreline. It is all a geometric distortion. 

This was near the entrance to Mono Lake. There is only 1 trail leading in, but this was a 360° panorama so it seems it is 2 trails. Again, it's a distortion. 

The view of Mono Lake from the Yosemite Gateway Motel. That was the motel I stayed at overnight before heading down to Mono Lake and then to Yosemite. The motel has a really good view. I stayed there this year, and back in 2010. You can see my 2010 photos here.


A meadow in Yosemite. 

Same meadow as above, but different view point. Seems the horizon got a bit distorted in this shot. 

This was a landscape shot on the side of the road on the way to Mono Lake.  

 This was at Sonora Pass and the entrance into the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest. The high contrast in this shot was due to the angle of the sun. This is where I took those bird photos in Part 1

This is all the Yosemite photos I have. I hope you have enjoyed viewing this chain of posts! I have quite some photos in my collection I am ready to share. These include, Santa Cruz photos, Muir Woods photos, San Francisco photos, and many more! Check back soon for those! Please don't forget to share my blog posts with your friends! If you would like to get notifications next time I post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.