Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wildlife/Bridalveil Fall/Glacier Point - Yosemite National Park/Mono Lake (Part 7)

Yosemite National Park is a national park located in California that stretches eastern portions of Tuolumne, Mariposa and Madera counties in the central eastern portion of California and covers around 761,268 acres or 3,080.74 km² of land. Yosemite National Park is best known for its waterfalls, deep valleys, grand meadows, giant sequoias, giant wilderness area, and much more. Mono Lake, a salt lake east of Yosemite National Park that is located in Mono County, California, covers a total of 45,133 acres or 182.65 km². The lake is famous for its high salt content and its tufa formations. I have visited both of those areas and are here to show you some of the photos I took at these two places along with some other photos I have taken along the route. These photos will be divided over several blog posts. I hope you enjoy the photos! If you would like to get notifications when I do post, you can Like/Follow me on the following fan pages: FacebookTwitter, and Google+.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To view my best Yosemite National Park photos from 2012, use this link. To view all of my photos from Yosemite National Park photos from 2012, use this link.

Parts: Yosemite Falls Comparison | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | HDR Compositions | Panoramas

Now let's introduce you to the photos for today. Today's shots are all from Yosemite National Park. I will have photos from Bridalveil Fall and Glacier Point and a scenery shot at a turnout on the way from Bridalveil Fall to Glacier Point.

A Steller's Jay (Cyanocitta stelleri) I saw on the hike up to Bridalveil Falls. Cute bird right? I love bird photography. Cute little critters. ^_^



Here is Bridalveil Fall this year. Not too much water. I've seen better before. Again, been a dry year, just go see my Yosemite Falls Comparison

Great cleaning supplies for your camera equipment! Protect your investment and get beautiful, clear shots!


So on the way to Glacier Point from Bridalveil Fall, I passed a turnout. I think this one is a bit past the Tunnel View Turnout. Here is a scenery shot from there. In my opinion, Tunnel View Turnout had a better view. I only did HDR compositions at Tunnel View Turnout so those will be coming up later along with the other HDR compositions I did. To see if I have posted them yet, see if I mention HDR in the Parts links at the top of the blog post. 

Here is Half Dome approaching Glacier Point. I think this view point is called "Old Glacier Point". 

Here is a shot from Glacier Point. 



Here is a closer shot at Half Dome. 

Here is the view from Nevada Fall from Glacier Point. I used my telephoto lens for this. If you take a closer look, it seems to be some sort of hiking trail at the top of the waterfall. I see a bridge and also a few people up there (I think).

Here is a shot also done with my telephoto lens of both Nevada Fall (upper) and Vernal Fall (lower). 



Since I had my telephoto lens on, I decided to also get a shot of this cute chipmunk. I prefer wildlife photography to landscape any day. ^_^ So cute! I wonder what it's eating. 

Another photo of Half Dome still at Glacier Point. 

Squirrel! 



I saw this huge bird in the rocks near the drop off at Glacier Point. Took a photo of it, but it was slightly out of reach by my telephoto lens, but the photos turned out alright. This here is an Immature or Female Sooty Grouse (Dendragapus fuliginosus). A grouse means chicken. 

This is all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed them! Next time I will have the rest of the regular shots I did at Yosemite National Park and after that, I will start uploading the HDR compositions and panoramas I did. Please don't forget to share my blog posts with your friends! If you would like to get notifications next time I post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Next Post >>
<< Previous Post