Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Columbus Tower/California Street - San Francisco, CA (Part 1)

A bit over a week back (on 10-12-2013), there was a small photowalk in San Francisco, CA that I had attended. We took photos in the Columbus Tower area and the San Francisco Ferry Building area. I will be splitting the photos into 2 parts. In these 2 parts, I will have photos of the Columbus Tower, the Transamerica Pyramid, California Street, the San Francisco Ferry Building, and photos from Pier 14.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To view my best sunset and night shots of San Francisco, use this link. To view all of my photos from that photowalk, use this link.

Next Post >>

Today will be the photos from the Columbus Tower area and California Street.

It was starting to get dark when we got there, as this was a pretty late photowalk. As you can see, it was already starting to be a long exposure with the streaks of light. 

We focused on the Columbus Tower area for the majority of the photowalk. 

Here is a portrait shot of the Transamerica Pyramid. 


A photo behind where we were standing. 

We kept shooting the Columbus Tower under different lighting conditions as the sun sets. 

Here is a black and white process of the photo above. 


A police car happened to have drove through when I exposed this picture creating streaks of blue light. 

Getting really dark outside. 

A zoomed out shot. The distortion was from the fact that I shot this at 16mm on a full frame. 

A portrait shot of the Columbus Building. 


After the Columbus Building area, we walked toward the San Francisco Ferry Building. Here is a shot of California Street at where the street intersects with Kearny Street. 

Here is a black and white process of the photo above. 

These are all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed them. In the next part, I have photos from the San Francisco Ferry Building area and Pier 14. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Next Post >>