Friday, July 5, 2013

Foster City Independence Day 2013 (Fireworks)

Independence Day, or Fourth of July, is a federal holiday where Americans celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence in July 4th, 1776 which declared the US independence from Great Britain. Many Americans (and non-Americans) celebrate by shooting off and watching fireworks, having barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, political speeches, and many other activities. I spent the 2013 4th of July in Leo J. Ryan Park at Foster City, CA. I took photos of the fireworks, the event, and some scenery. I will be splitting the photos of this event into several blog posts. If you would like to see 2012 (last year) fireworks show in Foster City, you can check it out here.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. If you are interested, please select one of the links below.
Parts: Fireworks | Seagulls | Event Photos Part 1Event Photos Part 2 | Long Exposures and Sunset Part 1 | Long Exposures and Sunset Part 2

Today I have photos of the fireworks show. The rest of the photos I took at the event will come up later in this chain of posts. All photos today was shot at ISO 100 at 16mm with my Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM II Lens. In order to take these photos, I set the camera on Bulb mode, and used a 3rd party intervalometer.

Message from the Photographer: Because a lot of people would want to see the fireworks photos, I will be taking a break from my San Francisco Pier 39 photos. I will continue those after I exhaust my photos from the Foster City Independence Day celebration.

f/16, 135 seconds 

f/13, 107 seconds 

 f/10, 37 seconds 
I accidentally cut this one short, I thought 1.5 minutes passed. Slight math mistake on my end.

Want to shoot long exposures yourself? Here are somethings to help you get started!

f/16, 121 seconds 

f/16, 150 seconds 

 f/16, 129 seconds

 f/ 16, 121 seconds


f/10, 75 seconds 

f/10, 60 seconds 

 f/13, 86 seconds


 f/10, 79 seconds

 f/13, 102 seconds

f/13, 120 seconds 

f/13, 120 seconds

These are all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed viewing them. Next time I will post up the other photos I took at the event. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Parts: Fireworks | Seagulls | Event Photos Part 1Event Photos Part 2 | Long Exposures and Sunset Part 1 | Long Exposures and Sunset Part 2 |