Friday, May 10, 2013

Water Droplet Photography (Part 2)

Today I want to show you some of water droplet photography I did. You might be wondering, what the heck is that? Well for these photos, I just took a DVD that failed the burning process (a great way to recycle them) and some water (dripped onto the DVD using a laboratory pipette). The rest is self explanatory. For some shots, I used a flashlight and for others I used my Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT for some cool lighting effects. All of these photos were taken at home with the help of my Kenko Extension Tubes. The lens used in these photos are my Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens mounted on a Canon EOS 7D

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best macro photography shots of 2012, use this link. To see all of my at home and backyard photography shots of 2012, use this link

Parts: 1 | 2 | 3


Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 2 minutes ISO: 100  
For this photo, I just lit the DVD with a light on each side.

Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 25 seconds ISO: 100  
For this photo, I just lit the DVD with 2 light sources with the position of the lights slightly changed.

 Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 8 seconds ISO: 100  
For this photo, I just lit the DVD with 2 light sources but cleaned off the DVD and created a new pattern.

  Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 30 seconds ISO: 100  
Not too sure about what I did, but I think I replaced one of the light sources with my LED flashlight. The pattern for this image is almost the same as the one above.  


 Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 30 seconds ISO: 400  
Same water pattern as above but I changed up the lighting. 

 Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 2 minutes ISO: 100  
Cleaned the DVD and made a new pattern. Still shining two stationary light sources on the DVD. 

Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 30 seconds ISO: 100  
Moved to another area of the DVD for a new pattern. Still shining two stationary light sources on the DVD but moved slightly for new lighting effects.  

Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 6 seconds ISO: 100  
Almost same water pattern as above. This time, I circled the DVD with an LED flashlight. 

These are all the photos for today. I hope you have enjoyed viewing them. I will be posting the rest of the photos of this effect next time. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Parts: 1 | 2 | 3