Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Birds in Shadow Cliffs Regional Park (Pleasanton, CA)

Today I have photos from Shadow Cliff Regional Park in Pleasanton, CA. Shadow Cliff Regional Park is part of the East Bay Parks District, and is a great recreational area to visit. There are many picnic tables, and a lake that you can swim in. Also, the park is a great place for some nice bird and animal photography as there are many ducks, birds, and geese there.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best photos from Shadow Cliff Regional Park, use this link. To view my best bird photos of 2012, use this link. To see all of my photos from Shadow Cliff Regional Park in 2012, use this link.

Male Mallard Duck (Anas platyrhynchos)

Female Mallard Duck (Anas platyrhynchos

Left: Female Mallard Duck (Anas platyrhynchos)
Right: Male Mallard Duck (Anas platyrhynchos

 Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Left: Brandt's Cormorant (Phalacrocorax penicillatus)
Right: Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias)

Left: Brandt's Cormorant (Phalacrocorax penicillatus)
Right: Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias

Left: Brandt's Cormorant (Phalacrocorax penicillatus)
Right: Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias

Not too sure, but this could be a Golden Crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia atricapilla). If I'm wrong, please correct me in the comments below. 

These are all the photos for today! I hope you have enjoyed viewing them. Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and family members! Also, if you want to get notifications when I post up more photos, "Like" us on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.