Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blue Angels Fleet Week 2012 in San Francisco (Part 1)

I went to Fleet Week 2012 to witness the Blue Angels on 10-6-2012. Here are some of the photos I took at the event. I will be splitting them into several posts. :) Also, I do not have a lot of understanding with the airplanes which means I have no clue what the names for the airplanes are. If you know, I would really appreciate it if you help me out in the comment box below. :) If you want to get a notification when I do a new post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar. I will notify you via all those pages when I do a new post.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To view my best Blue Angels photos, use this link. To view all of the event photos from 2012, use this link.

Parts: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Message from the Photographer: Since a lot of people are waiting on the Blue Angels photos, I have decided I will be taking a break from the Yosemite photos and post these instead. After I'm done posting all my event photos, I will switch back to the Yosemite photos. Hope you enjoy viewing these photos!

For today's photos, there will be photos of the event including the sky writing Geico was doing all through out the event. Wonder how much they had to pay the pilots to do their ad... It was pretty cool. If you can't see the panoramas that clearly, you can click on them to view them larger. Anyways, the beginning of the event, they showed off some other types of military planes. The photos were not very clear as there were some fog at the beginning, but it cleared up around the time the Blue Angels came out. :) I was about to give up! LOL But it was cool, I was actually high up on the hill in the middle of the fog and I can see it moving. I tried to take a photo of it, but it didn't really show up on camera that well.

Here are the sky writings by Geico. Click on them to see them larger. 

Zoomed in with my telephoto to see the planes writing the text. 



 B2 Stealth Bomber (I'm guessing)

Not sure what this is. 

 Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey



 Still photos of the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey. This is the hybrid helicopter plane that can change the angle of its propellers to quickly change from a helicopter to an airplane. First the propellers face upward to lift the plane off the ground, then it will rotate forward so the plane can fly straight. 



Not sure what plane this is, but it was constantly doing nose dives and then going up again and again before the Blue Angels came in. The plane was very far away so I couldn't get a very clear shot of it.  

 Here the plane is doing a nose dive. 



Heading back up!  




Pretty close to the ocean there.  

Here is a close up shot of the plane as it flew closer.  

 A red plane doing a risky maneuver. 

This is all the photos I want to show you today. :) I hope you have enjoyed viewing these. Please don't forget to share my blog posts with your friends! If you would like to get notifications next time I post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Next Post >>