Sunday, September 23, 2012

Shuttle Endeavour Flyover at NASA Moffett Field (Getting Back at the Paparazzi)

On 9-21-2012, the space shuttle Endeavour made its last voyage from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida to Los Angeles, CA where it will rest in the California Science Center museum. The space shuttle was flown attached on top of a Boeing 747 and has made its trip across several famous landmarks all over the United States including the NASA Moffett Field, Monterey Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Endeavour has flown 25 missions, including 12 to help construct and outfit the space station, and logged nearly 123 million miles in flight during 4,671 orbits. It has served us all a very long time and has helped us further understand our unique and mysterious universe. For those who were not lucky enough to get to see it or wish to see it close up and relive the event again, here are the photos I took at the event at NASA Moffett Field near Mountain View, CA. These photos includes photos of the event, the space shuttle itself, the paparazzi groups, and some other stuff. I hope you enjoy viewing these photos! These photos will be split into several parts!

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. View my best event photos here. If you want to view all the photos from the event, use this link.

Parts:
As you know the paparazzi has been taking photos and shooting videos of people, whether the person liked it or not, ever since the camera has been invented. It's time us normal people get back at them. ^_^ Here are the photos of the paparazzi groups (the news reporters) at the event. I wanted to get interviewed but they said no. :( Those jerks. ROFL I really wanted to be on TV. Alright, hope you enjoy viewing these "get back" photos! 

This is the CBS paparazzi group. The guy on the left looks so intimidating. LOL I also think he was the tallest guy there... It's not a distortion in the photo. HAHA He really is that tall. 

I guess this is one of the employees of NASA video taping the event. He got me on video, and I got him on photo. :P


The parking area for the paparazzi. Those antennas are really tall! 

 Reporter interviewing a visitor to the event. 


3 cameras set up from 3 different news stations. Those in the back are the antennas from the news vans. 

Saw a helicopter flying over head and decided to take a photo because I was in the high speed photography mood. XD Turns out it was an ABC news-copter. 

Alright guys, these are the photos of the news crew I took a photo of. If you see news crews next time, take photos of them. :P Please don't forget to share my blog posts with your friends! If you would like to get notifications next time I post, you can "Like" me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+. These links can also be found on the top of the right sidebar.

Next Post >>
<< Previous Post