Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pleasanton Trail Squirrels and Birds

Like I said last time, this post will be on the animals of Pleasanton Trail (or the Arroyo Del Valle Trail, but I can never remember the spelling. XD). I hope you enjoy the photos! Arroyo Del Valle Trail is located in Pleasanton, CA.

Just as a reminder, if you love my blog, you can also "Like" us on Facebook. You can also do that in the Facebook box at the top of the right sidebar. This will give you updates on your Facebook feed as I post more photos.

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see, they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best squirrel photos of 2012, use this link. To see my best bird photos of 2012, use this link. To see my best photos of Pleasanton in 2012, use this link. To see all of my photos from Pleasanton in 2012, use this link.

It's a boy! :P

I did not see that until I was sorting out the photos. LOL I showed it to some of my friends, half of them think its his "thing" and the other half thinks the squirrel is just doing #2. Tell me what you think in the comments!

I was actually thinking about whether or not to post this photo as some people may find this inappropriate for younger viewers, but I decided to post it anyways. I mean, it's just nature right?

If you want to see more photos like this, visit my portfolio gallery here

There are a lot of walnut trees on the trail. The squirrels eat a lot!  

This photo makes me think of Spiderman... Maybe because of how the squirrel is hanging on the tree sideways...


Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)
I tried to get a still image without blurring up, but this bird was just flying all over the place. LOL So there is a slight motion blur. 

I'm guessing this is a Little Blue Heron (Egretta caerulea).

I think this is a Snowy Egret (Egretta thula).

I'm guessing this is a Black Phoebe (Sayornis nigricans)

I made my best guess on the names of the birds, but I could be wrong. If you think I'm wrong, please leave me a comment below! :) Thanks for viewing! Please don't forget to share the blog post with your friends and coworkers! If you love my blog, you can also "Like" us on Facebook. You can also do that in the Facebook box at the top of the right sidebar. I hope you have enjoyed the photos!

Copyright Warning: These photos are some of my best and most popular works of art. Unauthorized usage and reproductions are strictly prohibited. Please contact me here to purchase prints and negotiate photo licenses.