Thursday, September 16, 2010

Deer Poop And The Model Buffalo

Now looking back at my Yellowstone pictures. Well before that, you know how photographers take several pictures consecutively just in case the first picture is bad? Well I think I took a picture of a deer pooping with the poop still half way in the air. XD Take a look. Look closely at behind the deer with the GPS collar, you'll see this blob of stuff. (You can click the photo to view the full size)

一般摄影师不会只拍一张照片,一般会排好几张。我现在在看我的黄石公园拍的照片。我好像拍到了一张鹿拉屎拉到一半的照片。哈哈!仔细看呢个带定位系统的鹿后面,你可以看见有一个东西。(点照片可以把它放大一点)

Full Resolution Photos and Prints: If you want to see full resolution photos or buy prints of any of the photos you see (except the a few photos of my friends and I), they are up on my portfolio for viewing. To see my best photos from this trip, use this link. To view all of the photos from my trip, use this link. To see my best wildlife photos, use this link.


Now onto the story of how I almost walked into a bison. So there was bisons all around me... There was one in the middle of the sidewalk. It was lunch time, and I was kind of sleepy. It being a real bison didn't really occur to me. I was like, that model of a bison sure look life like... Then I got super close, maybe like less than 10 feet away. I was like, wait! something is wrong. Why is no one petting it and taking pictures with it? o_O Then I saw it turn its head towards me and grunted twice through its nose (probably a warning), and in my mind I was like WTF? IT WAS NOT A MODEL? I was about to turn around and run, but as any wilderness survival book would tell you, do not turn around and run at a time like that. A warning is not threatening, if you run, you may trigger the wildlife's killing instincts. You are suppose to back off slowly and don't show any signs of fear. Dude, that seriously scared the shit out of me!

对不起,我不会翻译中文。我会翻译的部分就是我差点撞了一个野牛。

This is the buffalo in the middle of the sidewalk.

This is the buffalo turning its head towards me and giving me a warning. -__-



Well please wait for my Yellowstone pictures on my photography blog soon. :)